Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1

Ok, so day 1, and I'm searching around for inspiration of cool stuff to photograph. Got to start with a good one, I think. Got to make sure it's not too rubbish. Got to put aside time to do this. Holy crap, time to head out for some climbing, just take the camera and hope for the best.

This first shot I took while waiting for my climbing buddies to turn up. I was lying on the rock with my head in a cave, just chilling out and relaxing. 5 minutes of this and I realise this is a side of the rock no-one normally sees, and that the sunlight effect is pretty cool too. The sky was perfect for it, and so out came the camera, and a few minutes later I had my first shot.

I could bang on for a bit about how the fact it's the underside of the rock means we should be looking at things from different angles, and indicates a different perspective on life. Or I could rant for a a bit about how the sun coming down into the shot is a sort of 'inverted delayed dawn', symbolising new beginnings later in life. But I think I'll just ponder how the bird-poop ended up on the ceiling instead.

Day 1 - Photo 1
Underside of Cave, Blackwall Reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment