Monday, October 25, 2010

Scatter

I had an afternoon/evening to kill, and had already done as much exercise as I'd thought reasonable that day.

So what better way to spend the afternoon than cruising down to the local point to watch all the kite-surfers doing their thing.

Except that for some reason, my brain didn't get a kick out of watching all the acrobatics and smooth-riding skills. Instead, it decided that looking at the patterns made by the kites themselves was more enjoyable.

And I have to say, I agree with my brain on this one. Something in the way the kites would just slowly move in different patterns, it was like watching birds in flight (or even a fire burning).

Maybe I'm just easily distracted. Or maybe patterns are my thing.

I like to think that the fascination with these patters is simply visual white noise. Similar to listening to raindrops on a tin roof, or a radio show where the people aren't being that interesting, the visual effect of the kites was very calming.

Incidentally, if anyone has any recordings of rain on a tin roof, I'd be quite keen to keep a backup for them.

October 23
Blown Away

No comments:

Post a Comment